Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What Does Al Masih Mean?


In 1972, I used to sit at he feet of my Egyptian Imam, 80 years old, daily and learn from him the basics of Islam, Arabic poetry, and Jurisprudence. One evening, I asked him: Sheikh! what does Massih (Christ in Arabic) mean? He replied: Maybe it means flat-footed, or sojourner, because he traveled a lot, or the one who wiped pain from the face of the earth. Actually we do not know, Allah knows. Please read this article, and you will know:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Memsuah/al-masih.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pastor Hakim,
    I have enjoyed your blog. I have heart for Muslims. I am a Christ Follower with a Muslim girlfriend. I have been praying a lot about our situation and I'm seeking advice. Can you offer me some advice? I would like Muslims to know our beloved Isa Al-Masih more than anything. You can reach me at georgechendo@gmail.com. Thanks.
    George

    ReplyDelete