Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Salam Touching the Lives of Muslims


Dear Friends, I would like to share with you a text message I received from a young Muslim Algerian immigrant who arrived a month ago to Chicago, with his eight-month pregnant wife, and had nothing. The new immigrant got my phone number from a Lutheran church in his neighborhood. ( I still do not know who gave him my number) I called Lutheran Church Charities (LCC), after I received his call, and we moved toward furnishing his studio apartment. With the help of five volunteers from Salam Fellowship, we were able to take furniture, directly from donors to his apartment. Below is his text, with its spelling mistakes. "Haw are you hichem , thank you very much for your help ,because of you we have a comfortable home ,we thank god and we ask him to protect you all." Because of LCC and Salam, this family will have their first Christmas in the USA with proper housing. Because of LCC, they see the love of Christ in action. Merry Xmas

No comments:

Post a Comment